Information sheet – Early stage clinical trials: an incubator of wealth for Québec (2016)
QUÉBEC: A PROVINCE THAT STANDS OUT:
- 83% of clinical studies conducted in Québec are in Phase 2.
- A slightly higher percentage than in Canada (77%).
- Cancer is the main therapeutic field of clinical studies in Québec (ranking first globally).
- 35% of early stage clinical trials are carried out in the oncology field.
- Québec leads many more early stage clinical trials (Phase 0 to 2) on a per capita basis than Canada as a whole.
- On average, Québec led 16.8 early stage clinical trials by millions of people between 2008 and 2012, compared to 10.4 in Canada.
- 74% of early stage clinical trials were funded by industry between 2008 and 2012.
Discover the key initiatives, in Canada and internationally, to improve performance and benefit from the flourishing market.