Bulletin board Covid19
A SUPPORTING PLATFORM TO BRING THOSE WHO HAVE WITH THOSE WHO SEEK
Do you urgently need a product or service for your business? Would you like to help find solutions to fight the pandemic? The bulletin board is there to allow you to communicate directly with the life sciences and health technology sector players.
We invite you to post here and invite your contacts to join the group.
Prime Minister announces support for small businesses facing impacts of COVID‑19
The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today announced additional new measures to support small businesses dealing with the economic impacts of the pandemic.
To further support small businesses, the Government of Canada will:
- Announce a 75 per cent wage subsidy for qualifying businesses, for up to 3 months, retroactive to March 15, 2020. This will help businesses to keep and return workers to the payroll.
- Allow businesses, including self-employed individuals, to defer all Goods and Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax (GST/HST) payments until June, as well as customs duties owed for imports.
- Launch the new Canada Emergency Business Account. This program will provide up to $25 billion to eligible financial institutions so they can provide interest-free loans to small businesses.
- Launch the new Small and Medium-sized Enterprise Loan and Guarantee program that will enable up to $40 billion in lending, supported through Export Development Canada and Business Development Bank, for guaranteed loans when small businesses go to their financial institutions to help weather the impacts of COVID-19.
More information here.
Call for projects to fight COVID-19
More relevant information
- Announcement by Minister of Finance, March 25
- Work-Sharing Program : EDSC.DGOP.TP.REP-RES.WS.POB.ESDC@servicecanada.gc.ca
- Document prepared by UQAM lawyers on the rights of individuals in the Covid-19 context and on who can benefit from various government measures (Only in French)
- Bonjour Startup Montréal : Understanding economic measures in relation with Covid-19.