Bulletin board Covid-19
A supporting platform to bring us together
Do you urgently need a product or service for your business? Would you like to help find solutions to fight the pandemic? The bulletin board is there to allow you to communicate directly with the life sciences and health technology sector players.
Support for small businesses facing impacts of COVID‑19
The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, announced last week additional new measures to support small businesses dealing with the economic impacts of the pandemic. Among other things, he announced a 75% wage subsidy for qualifying businesses, for up to 3 months, retroactive to March 15, 2020.
Today Canada’s Finance Minister Bill Morneau shared additional
- 75% wage subsidy will be offered to companies that demonstrate that they lost at least 30% of their revenues compared to the same period last year;
- Federal wage subsidy will cost $ 71 billion;
- The money will be made available to companies in about 6 weeks;
- Companies will have to submit a new request every month;
- Businesses will be able to apply through a Canada Revenue Agency portal which should be available soon.
Call for projects to fight COVID-19
- Roche Canada is launching an Innovation Challenge to develop solutions to the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Other relevant information
CDPQ joins the collective effort during the COVID-19 crisis with a $4-billion envelope to support Québec companies temporarily impacted by the crisis.
Resources for researchers and clinicians fighting COVID-19 in Canada.
The Mouvement des accélérateurs d’innovation du Québec (MAIN) has set up a barometer of the challenges and needs of Quebec startups. Companies suscribing will receive a very short follow-up survey (less than five minutes) each week, which will keep the pulse of the crisis as it evolves and publish a barometer of the challenges and needs of Quebec startups.
Element AI offers a free platform to help researchers